From:   "IG", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<<<I've got to say that last paragraph is pretty patronising,
exercising a civil right is not a sign of "necessity".  The
point he's making is that he has that right, we don't,
or rather we did.>>>

No it isnt. The point he's making is that, in the UK, we should have
firearms for self defence. He is bragging that he carries all sorts of
weapons. Big deal. I wouldnt want to live in a place like that.
And its not me who is patronising.

<<<Why?  IT's the most important reason for owning firearms.
If you give up the right to use firearms as defensive weapons
then they are just dangerous toys - why not ban them?>>>

These were his words!
Now what can be more patronising than an American telling ME that I should
have guns for self defence because that is all they are good for!
Come on!
I know that the Americans are held in high esteem, but I have to differ with
this point of view! Dangerous toys!
If we agree with this guy, then all hunting and target shooting goes out of
the window!
Just 'cos he's American doesnt mean that he's right you know!

IG
--
But he's right that it is the best argument.  If the antis
argue that guns ought to banned because it might save one

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]