On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 09:22:48PM -0500, Mike Diehl wrote:
> On Thursday 14 November 2002 11:29 pm, Harmon Seaver wrote:
>      >    How wonderful for you. Many of us sincerely wish we could practice
>      > our religion freely as well.
>
> And just who is stopping you?  And what religion is it?

   The Christers. And the gov't, of course. The Christers began this as soon as
they hit the shores of this hemisphere, including inquisitions, torture,
destruction of temples, etc. It was formalized by the US gov't in the 1880's
with a law forbidding Native American religous ceremonies - you might have heard
of Wounded Knee? Where hundreds of peaceful, unarmed people were murdered as
they were involved in religious ceremonies. Many of these laws are still in
effect today.
    Many religions are persecuted in the US today. If you were paying attention,
you would have heard, during the debates, Dubbya being asked what he would do to
alleviate the US military's rules against Wiccan ceremonies by soldiers. He
replied that Wicca wasn't a religion and wouldn't be allowed. Wicca not a
relgion --sheesh, it's a much older religion than the Christers have. The list
of persecutions and prosectutions of various religions in the US is voluminous
-- NY pigs are especially fond of raiding Santeria and Vodun ceremonies.
    The WOSD is really religous persecution. Many world religions use cannabis
in their worship -- Hinduism, Rastafarianism, Shinto (where even the Emperor of
Japan partakes in cannabis during the biggest Shinto ceremony) -- and shamanism
invariably uses entheobotanicals all across the globe. Shamans using traditional
sacrements such as ayahuasca, psilocybic mushrooms, or peyote risk prison in the
US.
   So much for 1st Amendment relgious freedoms, eh? All because of the
Christers, especially Christer politicians. I like the Rasta chant -- "Burn de
church, burn de priest, burn de Pope, burn Babylon."

>      > > I can criticize my government and stay out of
>      > > prison.
>      >    Can you? As long as you do it at home or in your local bar, I
>      > suppose. Try taking it out on the street and getting in their face.
>
> Hmmmm.  What do you mean by "getting in their face?"

   You apparantly don't watch the news. Ever see any coverage of the WTO
protests?

>      > >  I don't have soldiers living with/watching me.
>      >    Plenty of pigs watching a lot of us. The fedzis are everywhere
>      > these days. Perhaps you've heard about them infiltrating church
>      > groups, demanding the reading lists from libraries, etc. How do you
>      > know they haven't bugged your house? Your computer? Got Carnivore at
>      > your ISP?
>
> Well, between gpg, cryptofs, and IPSec, I doubt that they have my computer
> bugged, and I don't worry about Carnivore.  I can and do encrypt anything I
> don't wish to share.

   Lot of good that does you when the keyboard snaggers send your passwds to the
pigs, or the hidden cameras in your room record your keystrokes. I notice you
ignored the above about cointelpro and libraries, etc. We live in a police
state.

(rest of this boring discussion snipped, what's the point of talking to
sleep-walking quislings)

--
Harmon Seaver
CyberShamanix

"War is just a racket ... something that is not what it seems to the
majority of people. Only a small group knows what its about. It is
conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the
masses."  --- Major General Smedley Butler, 1933

"Our overriding purpose, from the beginning through to the present
day, has been world domination - that is, to build and maintain the
capacity to coerce everybody else on the planet: nonviolently, if
possible, and violently, if necessary. But the purpose of US foreign
policy of domination is not just to make the rest of the world jump
through hoops; the purpose is to faciliate our exploitation of
resources."
- Ramsey Clark, former US Attorney General
http://www.thesunmagazine.org/bully.html