On Tue, 30 Aug 2016 00:03:06 +0000 (UTC)
jim bell <jdb10...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  From: juan <juan....@gmail.com>

> >    (I still wonder though how do dealers mix their batch -
>  >   wouldn't the technique be to dissolve fentanyl in a suitable
> >    solvent and in something like 1:1000(?) ratio, like it's done
> >    with lsd, the nbome family, and compounds that potent?)

> Merely mixing two kinds of powders is a problem, because  they
> mayhave different sizes and may separate somewhat.

        Yes, so another option is to dissolve say 100 mg of lsd in 100
        ml of water and then you know that 1ml of solution can't have
        more than 1mg of your compound. Then you get a portion of
        powdered sugar big enough so that 1ml of solution thoroughly
        wets it (perhaps 3-4 grams of sugar?) - Then dry the sugar, and
        you end up with 3-4 g of a solid which can be easily subdivided
        in doses of ~200mg sugar containing 50 ug lsd each.

        I'd expect dealers of fake/adulterated heroin to do something
        like that even in a black market.

> I assume
> thepharmaceutical industry has machines which grind the
> powders together, possibly for hours, to ensure that the mixing is
> thorough.

> http://mixing.chem-biol-eng.northwestern.edu/publications.html

> >   Anyway, my general point still stands. To assume that the
> >    problems that exist today in the *american black market* for
> >    heroin will also exist in a free market is...unwarranted at
> >    best.

> That's probably quite true.  Fentanyl will be virtually free, in
> largepart because it is so potent.  One version is said to be
> 10,000xas potent as heroin.  (diacetyl morphine).

        that would be carfentanyl, allegedly active in the less than 5
        ug range - 10,000x as potent as morphine according to this

        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carfentanil

> I wouldn't be
> surprisedif the cost per effective dose would be 1/100 of a penny,
> perhapslower than the cost of the carrier material.  If the cost of
> the materialis virtually zero, nobody will be motivated to bypass the
> legitimateproduction, at least if taxes are low or non-existent.

        Yes. Also the sellers would have reputations to protect, they
        could be made to pay damages if they sold adulterated stuff,
        etc, etc. Ordinary business practices that are hard to
        impossible to implement in a black market.