Paul,

Can you share your thoughts on why you chose to base the Dabo report
writer off of ReportLab vs. the Open Office word processor?

My assumption is that ReportLab removes the dependency of a large
application like Writer. But Writer might(?) allow you to generate Open
Office compatible markup that shifts calculations for group height, page
breaks, headers, footers, etc to the Writer engine vs. your code?

I haven't tried to automate Writer so I don't know how big the
integration gap is or how version dependent Writer files are.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Malcolm