On 14/02/2011 23:05, Ricardo Araoz wrote:
> El 14/02/11 13:30, Werner F. Bruhin escribió:
>> I updated the test on my site again.
>>
>> http://thewinecellarbook.com/daboDocTest/dabo.ui.dSlidePanelControl.dSlidePanel.html
>> http://thewinecellarbook.com/daboDocTest/dabo.dApp.dApp.html
>> http://thewinecellarbook.com/daboDocTest/index.html
>>
>> In my view, maybe a little biased:), they are getting very close to be
>> usable.
>>
>> What are your impressions?
>>
>> Outstanding work from my point of view:
>> - include screen shots for all controls
>> - clean up/adapt source code documentation to the reST/Sphinx
>> standard/format
>>
>> Werner
> They look very good. Nice work!
> Couple of things though.
>
> - The sidebar with the table of contents wont go up with the rest of the
> page, maybe this is good, but you have a scroll bar and yet 25% of the
> usable screen is wasted once you scroll the main page up (because the
> titles go up.
> I would suggest to scroll it up to the top of the page as the titles go
> up, or to keep the titlebar fixed too.
That is a Sphinx theme option, i.e. it can be on the left or on the
right and it can be sticky.

I like it being sticky, especially for large pages as it gives fast
access to the TOC and more importantly to the search, i.e. it means one
doesn't have to scroll all the way up.

- the version you see has a problem with the footer not showing
correctly due to this setting, I fixed that.
> - It might be better to add another level. That is, once you get to the
> class's page it is a really long page with all the properties, methods,
> events, API, etc. It would be nice to have there an index where you can
> see the name of properties, methods and events and clicking there would
> take you down the page to the proper place. That way it's easier to look
> for help on a particular issue when you know the name.
If you know the name I would press ctrl-f and type the name (assuming
you use Firefox - i.e. whatever find option in the browser).

I guess I could add an autosummary (name and short description) for all
properties, methods and events, but isn't this making the pages just
even larger and I am not sure if it brings that much.

BTW, the TOC now has:
Properties
Properties - Inherited
Methods
Methods - Inherited
> Anyway, as it is, it's a wonderful work.
> Congratulations.

Thanks
Werner