I've struggled to find out how to open Python in my development
directory and import Dabo.  I've found that I can tell Python to run
a python file when it starts up by specifying a name with... Hmm,
this is getting to be a nuisance being split between Windoze & Linux,
I'm having to recall this stuff that I still haven't really got to
grips with from memory.  Just tell me if I'm talking rubbish.
Anyhow, when Python starts in my dev directory it runs the Dabo init
script.  This is what happens

(DaboEnv)[Mark@localhost DaboEnv]$ python
Python 2.6.6 (r266:84292, Mar 15 2011, 20:31:17)
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more
information.

Dabo requires SQLite 3 and the pysqlite2 module. You will have to
install these
free products before running Dabo. You can get them from the
following locations:

SQLite: http://www.sqlite.org/download.html
pysqlite2: http://initd.org/tracker/pysqlite

and then returns me to the bash prompt.

I wondered if I'd got a very old version of Dabo, but I've the latest
"HEAD" version out of SVN, I think.

I'm at the "complete beginner" stage with this so just tell me where
I'm being daft.  I can take it...

Now, if it was VFP... :-)

TIA
Mark