> Message du 15/02/21 20:09
> De : "Guillermo Rozas"
> A : "darktable-user"
> Copie à :
> Objet : Re: [darktable-user] Still no GUI module order possible?
>

>> But, why not allow the user to create a tab with aliases to the original
>> modules, which would never be altered whatever the alias tab displays ?
>> When the user needs to see what is really happening, he goes back to the
>> main tab, and when he wants to work according to his taste, he uses his
>> alias tab.
>

> Check the link I posted
> (https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/issues/7841), it more or less
> answers your question (related to the new 'basic module', which is
> reminiscent of your 'alias tab').

OK, I had read it before, but not completely understood. Language barrier
implies I often have to read the posts at least 4~5 times before I can
understand more or less.
Do not forget too that I am a casual user, with no experience with other
graphics nor photo software. Yes, in fact : Bibble / Aftertouch, but not
heavily as well.

> The main points for me (not a developer, but happy to answer user questions)
> are two:

> - consistency: everything else is pipe-ordered. Having a single tab ordered
> not in pipe order, while the rest is, means people get confused. People
> confused means more work answering questions and wrongly filled bugs. Notice
> that the proposal linked above has a small chance to go through precisely
> because it's a separate 'module', which could be made clearly different from
> the regular tabs to convey the idea that GUI sliders order and pipe order are
> not related ONLY in that module.

> - having all tabs not in pipe-order loses the 'physical' (visual?) connection
> between module order and image result, which is worse. As somebody said
> before, you don't expect a layer-based software (like Gimp or Photoshop) to
> allow you to re-order the layers independently of how they will be merged
> (usually top to bottom). This is the same situation: pipe-order is central to
> how darktable works, operations are applied in a defined order, and the GUI
> order reflecting pipe-order is a manifestation of that (now more than ever
> because pipe-order can be changed).

This all makes sense - it was explained in the link, thank-you to re-developing
it.

Nothing more to add.

Rgrds,

J.-Luc