Em 17/02/2021 14:44, Michael Staats escreveu:
On 17/02/2021 13:14, Martin Straeten wrote:
"Really, I cannot understand why we cannot have a tab on which any USER
can list his/her preferred modules and can order them as per his/her
preferred workflow"

thats quite easy - because none of those who want this feature become
active, fork the code and simply implement the stuff ...

Hi
This is certainly a valid remark, the developers have their priorities,
and that's absolutely fine. It's open source, if you want something,
implement it -- my words (sometimes ;-).

On the other hand, creating a fork, in a proper manner, with the option
to somehow merge later, and then implementing something rather small, is
a lot of effort, for a small effect.

For example, I'm pretty sure that, in theory, my programming skills are
good enough to implement such a thing. But I would need to understand
the "architecture" of the source code, know how to implement effectively
and efficiently, following all the best practices the developers are
following because of their experience, etc. etc.

Precisely.

That is why "fork and do it your self" is a plain rude reply.

So it's valid to kindly ask the developers if they might spend a day or
three, when others might need weeks for the fork.

But if they say "No", that's a valid answer and has to be accepted.

Agreed, and agreed. Some one asked for it. I supported (and stuill support) the request, but obviously understand if it not a priority.

DT is quite good, I, and I bet we, thank the developers effort with it.

I do not that thank rude replies, including for those know-it-all that even know what I know, what I read, what I did.

One last note on the GUI reflecting the order of the modules.

Do the devs code "in order"? Do they code in assembly? Why not? Why don't they try to really understand how the code really work, and write it in the exact order it is executed by the computer? It is not the same if you JMP before you ADD, or ADD before you JMP...

Thanks. Let's try to believe others are trying to help. Be it users asking (silly) questions , devs coding, translators translating, youtubers... ahamm youtubing...? :-)