Hi Patrick,
An approach to combine the advantages of both worlds is to interlink DBpedia
with hand-crafted ontologies such as Open Cyc, SUMO, or Word Net, which
enables applications to use the formal knowledge from these ontologies
together with the instance data from DBpedia.
--------------------

I would like to discuss this issue with the person(s) who are creating such
interlinks.  Can anyone provide contact information?

The OWL version of SUMO [1] contains some links from SUMO to DBPedia
and YAGO. I originally created those for the YAGO-SUMO project [2], which
aims at an even tighter integration of YAGO and SUMO. The YAGO-SUMO project
had been idle for a while, but I have been working with Adam Pease to get a new
release out sometime soon, based on the more recent YAGO2 and compatible
with DBpedia.

Best regards,
Gerard

[1] http://www.ontologyportal.org/SUMO.owl