> Jup, sorry, that was a typo. It's called something like "Restart &
> Install updates"

There definitely was no such button and besides I shut the system down
and started it again the next morning.

> Strange - then the install-updates mode should not have been entered in
> the first place.

Let me guess, the file was re-created by some software.

> Nope, but checking if it appears while you don't want to execute
> offline-updates would help, because then we would be certain that
> something is triggering the update.

I never wanted to execute offline-updates. So seeing those updates
proves that something triggered it, right?

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Meskes at (Debian|Postgresql) dot Org