On Monday 31 August 2015 04:42:12 Doug wrote:
> On 08/29/2015 09:20 PM, rlhar...@oplink.net wrote:
> >>
> >> So are mine.  They don't type what I tell them to lots of the time.
> >> Coulnd't be the accumulated years (nearly 81) could it?
> >
> > Not necessarily.
> >
> >>From time to time, I have found a sudden, large increase in the number of
> >
> > typographical errors in the documents which I produce.  And several
> > times, investigation has revealed that the problem lies in a worn-out
> > keyboard.
> >
> > Back in the 1960's and 1970's, manufacturers such as Honeywell and Cherry
> > made keyswitches with a life rating in the tens of millions or even
> > hundreds of millions of keystrokes.  Nowadays, it is becoming difficult
> > to find a keyboard with a rating in the tens of thousands of keystrokes.
> >
> > Many manufacturers today have a poor keyswitch design which utilizes
> > low-quality plastics; they depend upon a lubricant such as wax to keep
> > the plunger working freely.  And when the wax wears away, the plunger
> > begins to stick.  And when the plunger does not depress freely, the
> > result is a multitude of typographical errors.
> >
> > RLH
>
> What you need is an IBM model M keyboard. They are refurbished and sold by
> Clicky Keys:
>
>               http://www.clickykeyboards.com/

I use an IBM KB-9910.   Not quite as good as the Model M, nor as good as I was
trying to find, but not bad.

I make loads of typos.  Old age?  Poor sight?  The fact that I am a lousy
typist?  The last one certainly. The sight doesn't help.  But so far I don't
feel that old age has exacerbated things.

Lisi