On Mon, 31 Aug 2015 20:15:44 +0900
Joel Rees <joel.r...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 6:52 PM, Petter Adsen <pet...@synth.no> wrote:
> > The Windows software will also auto-update the firmware in the
> > keyboard,
>
> Say what? Since when does a keyboard need a firmware update?
>
> Hmm. Maybe the USB controller stuff, but still, ...

I have absolutely no idea, other than reading reports of people having
a working keyboard until the Windows software updated the firmware. The
website says:

"Razer Synapse 2.0 downloads driver and firmware updates for your Razer
devices automatically, so your products are always in optimum condition for
winning."

Whatever that means.

> > The keyboard model with no lights is also quite a bit cheaper, so you
> > might want to do some research before you get one with lights. You
> > could of course ask Razer for the information necessary to enable that
> > functionality yourself, but they seem quite uninterested in Linux.
>
> Can you tell what the micro-controller is? Maybe try re-programming it?

Sorry. I know naaathing. For some reason it also registers as a mouse,
just as my new Logitech mouse also thinks it's a keyboard. Before
running the Python script I mentioned earlier, some keys don't send any
events at all. AFAIK the script sends some sort of initialization
sequence that enables them.

If you can tell me how to find out in a way that doesn't involve
ripping the keyboard apart, I'd be happy to tell you.

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"
"Are you sure?"