El 31/10/15 a las 13:22, Brian escribió:
On Sat 31 Oct 2015 at 16:24:36 +0000, Lisi Reisz wrote:

On Saturday 31 October 2015 16:18:15 Mario Castelán Castro wrote:

I have also noticed that Debian installs a lot of "extra" programs by
default. For example, when I installed LXDE using the latest (Debian 7)
LXDE CD and, I obtained LibreOffice, Iceweasel and Deluge (among many
others), none of which are part of LXDE, and of those, I only wanted
Icweasel installed since the beginning.

If you want to control more precisely which packages get installed, you
can also install a text-only system and then add the additional packages
with the package manager. It won't give the same results and isn't as
flexible as Debootstrap or Multistrap, of course.

It isn't Debian that installs all those packages.  It's the DE. All anyone has
to do to avoid them is not install a DE.  You are given the option.

Sorry to disagree here, but the packages brought in by LXDE (particularily
the Recommends:) are determined by the maintainer. Also, getting LXDE from
tasksel is not the same as with 'apt-get install lxde'.

As bought in by the LXDE packages of *Debian*, because of the decision of a *Debian* developer. You missed the “Debian” part.

Someone who wanted a customised LXDE installation would not be using
tasksel or 'apt-get install lxde'. Someone who does use either of these
methods gets what Debian decides is useful for most users.

I agree. Note that this does not contradict the claim that what I called “extras” (LibreOffice, etc.) are installed by Debian. Also note that I mentioned the Debian 7.0.2 LXDE CD, not apt-get nor tasksel.