Le 17 octobre 2020 23:03:22 GMT+02:00, Weaver <wea...@riseup.net> a écrit :
>On 18-10-2020 00:53, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
>everyone

>Face
>>>
>>> Rubbish!
>>
>> Tone not helpful here on either side.
>
>Rubbish is rubbish
>Some may see a point in dressing it up as otherwise.
>I don't.
>

>>> There are certain qualities which must be extended before you are
>worthy
>>> of receiving them, trust, loyalty, to mention a couple, but you can
>>> throw respect in there also, along with one or two others.
>>> I have to earn the respect of every child I meet, and maintain the
>>> standard every time I encounter that child in the future.
>>> Some, in their retarded viewpoint, believe respect is something
>>> engendered by social position.
>>
>> Retarded is not a helpful term here or, indeed, anywhere.
>
>Retarded is retarded.
>You seem to prefer to believe it is aimed at an individual, when it is
>clearly applied to a viewpoint.
>

>>> Wrong!
>>> Social position is engendered by earned level of respect.
>>> `excluding yourself from the human community', what a load of
>puerile
>>> ignorance!
>>>

>> Puerile here is also not helpful. Considered, constructive language
>> which advances a thought through viewpoint is preferable.
>> Another way of putting it "never argue with an idiot on the Internet.
>> After a couple of rounds, a dispassionate observer will not be able
>>  to tell who's who"
>
>Puerile is puerile.
>`Immature, especially in being silly or trivial; childish'.
>The terminology applies: employ it.
>`Considered, constructive language' - is language which communicates
>effectively.
>`which advances a thought through viewpoint' - Pseudo-intellectual
>waffle!
>You know another method?
>Observation is dependent on conditioned viewpoint.
>Beginning, end, and entire middle of story.
>

>> If you were to treat your readers with a greater consideration for
>> their intellect, you  might come across better.
>

>A discerning intellect would have not sent this to me directly, would
>have identified the aspects specified more accurately, and kept it on
>list.
>
><snip>
>
>> See also Edward Gibbon - Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire,
>chapter 2
>
>We live in exactly those times, a classic example being played out
>before our very eyes.
>
>--
>`Religion is regarded by the common people as true,
>by the wise as false,
>and by the rulers as useful'.
>
>— Lucius Annæus Seneca.
>
>Terrorism, the new religion.
>
>Registered Linux User: 554515

You currently just are making yourself look both arrogant and ridiculous. I
guess this is why Andrew sent his reply just to you, instead of giving you
another shovel to dig with.

I don't know what you are trying to achieve here, but I stand my point : your
lack of respect for others is not welcome here.

Regards.
--
Pierre-Elliott Bécue