>> Having installed package openvswitch-switch and doing `ip route` I do get
>>   169.254.0.0/16 dev ovs-system scope link src 169.254.201.7 metric 1004
>>
>> What can be done to prevent that "zeroconf"
>> configures interface `ovs-system`?
>
> Please have a look at https://wiki.debian.org/Avahi.
> According to the section "Disabling avahi-daemon" the following
> commands should work:
>
> For permenant disablement (surviving a machine reboot):
> systemctl mask avahi-daemon.service avahi-daemon.socket
> systemctl disable avahi-daemon.service avahi-daemon.socket
> systemctl stop avahi-daemon.service avahi-daemon.socket

But Avahi provides more functionality (e.g. mdns) than merely
configuring network interfaces, so disabling it altogether may
be undesired.

So hopefully there's a way to keep Avahi and still avoid that interface
being configured in such a dummy way.
[ I thought Avahi only did such configuration as a "last recourse", so
  there's a chance that you're only seeing the effect of another problem
  which prevents the interface from being configured properly and
  there's just no need to worry about preventing this dummy config:
  just find and fix the other problem, and then Avahi won't kick in.  ]

        Stefan