Am Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 11:00:56PM +0700 schrieb Max Nikulin:
> On 20/02/2023 21:44, Christoph Brinkhaus wrote:
> > Am Mon, Feb 20, 2023 at 09:59:20AM +0700 schrieb Max Nikulin:

Hello Max,

> > > Perhaps to get rid of 169.254.x.y addresses, it is enough to properly
> > > configure network interface, either to ensure that DHCP server is
> > > available
> > > or to assign a static address. After that you may forget about existence
> > > of
> > > avahi-autoipd.
> >
> > On my system it did not help. One "issue" might be, that systemd
> > starts services in some sequence. But it does not wait for a service
> > to complete. At least in case of stuff I have observed on my system.
>
> Out of curiosity, is link-local IP address assigned during boot or later
> when e.g. WiFi connection is temporary lost? How long does it take to get
> response from DHCP server? Which way network is configured (ifupdown,
> NetworkManager, systemd-networkd) in your case?

The 169.254.x.y has been assigned during boot. I have not used DHCP.
The configuration has been static. The ping to the router takes about
4ms. I have no idea if it is possible to estimate a DHCP response
time. The network has been configured via systemd-networking.

In the current setup I have removed a lot of packages I did not make
use of. Additionally I have switched to systemd-networkd.

Kind regards,
Christoph
--
Ist die Katze gesund