On 21/6/24 14:28, David Wright wrote:
You could pronounce your time written above as:

   "It's Thu 20Jun2024 at 20:51:19 here, where clocks are UTC+10:00"

Excellent. Now how do we get our MUA to do that when replying to mail, which is where I saw what I thought was a system error - but in fact was a misinterpretation.

if that's indeed your intention. But what you've done is invent
some notation of your own, which people will likely misunderstand.

I think it best to look up these references and follow them:

   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601
   https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3339.txt

Will do

IMHO I think that email attributions are best presented in and with
the time zone of the sender, and not oneself.

Maybe that would be achieved if the replyer's MUA inserted the senders date/time more clearly. I don't mean to harp on, but maybe the coders just haven't mis-read the dates they are inserting for us.

Cheers,
David.

--
All the best