On Tue, Jun 25, 2024 at 13:25:10 +0100, debian-u...@howorth.org.uk wrote:
> Greg Wooledge <g...@wooledge.org> wrote:
> > Here's another test:
> >
> > hobbit:~$ TZ=Australia/Eucla printf '%(%z %Z)T\n' -1
> > +0845 +0845
>
> That seems like a bug. I'd have expected:
>
> +0845 ACWST

My guess is the time zone names are provided (or not provided) by libc,
and in this case one is not being provided, so it falls back to the %z
response.  If this guess is correct, then you could file a bug against
the libc6 package.

There might be layers I don't understand.  Maybe it's related to
generated locales or something.  In that case, the result would depend
on which locales I have generated on my system.

Do you get a different result?  If so, can you explain why?