On Sat, 2024-06-22 at 18:11 +1000, Keith Bainbridge wrote:

> On 18/6/24 00:56, debian-u...@howorth.org.uk wrote:
> > Keith Bainbridge <keithr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > It was late afternoon on 16Jun2024 that I wrote this. Possibly
> > > 18:13:36 when I pressed send. I'd reckon it would likely have
> > > been
> > > 08:13:36 UTC What's wrong with my system clock. I've not really
> > > looked at the time on my originals before.  I'll try to remember
> > > enter my local time as I press send
> >
> > I'm confused. Your time displays (Keith) look sensible to me, given
> > they are in local time for somewhere like Brisbane.
>
> Yes - except Brisbane remains in the dark ages and doesn't follow day
> light saving; despite the fact that the majority of people want it.
> Seems the controlling interests still think the sun will fade the
> curtains or the cows won't know when to wake up to be milked. As if!

Hi, Keith.
I really envy you.

How I wish I lived where Daylight Saving Time did not exist.

I do not intend to start a long "back-and-forth" about the subject,
but I feel compelled to say that I absolutely despise the very idea of
Daylight Saving Time.

Standard Time, all the time!

:)

[From 2024-06-22, -0400 UTC]