> The  latest  Declude's  support  bitmasked  result  codes. You might
> consider  creating  a user maintained map from tests failed in SA to
> bitmapped  result  codes  returned to Declude. I'm not sure what the
> limit might be in Declude for the number of unique tests, but I have
> managed  to  use  16 so far without issue. It probably is limited to
> either 16 or 32 if it is limited. It might very well not be.

Interesting  possibility, and I can see the usefulness. . . would be a
certain  bandwidth  saver  vs.  having  different SPAMD instances (and
different  SPAMC32  runs) for different rulesets, but what you save in
bandwidth  might be offset be a nearly ridiculous amount of complexity
on  the  client  side.  One  SPAMD  might  have  tens  of rulesets and
thousands  of  rules, so trying to bitmask to identify the rules would
be  pretty crazy. Bitmasking at the ruleset level would be doable, but
you  wouldn't  get the actual offending RegEx line from that, just the
file that contained it.

Rather  than  trying  to  match  result  codes  up  to a matrix of all
possible  results,  I  think  such  a  full-featured  external test as
SpamAssassin  is  really a better push for a "dumb" report.txt kind of
feature,  which  could  simply  gulp  up  a  TESTSFAILED-style  string
returned   from  SPAMC32  and  either  put  it  in  the  logs  without
inspection,  put  it  into  a  Declude  variable  for  further use, or
whatever.

In  the  meantime,  SPAMC32's upcoming local logging by queuefile name
should  help immensely with tracking results by rule. Remember that SA
has  its  own  weighting  features, so tweaking rule-level weights and
inter-rule/inter-ruleset  dependencies  lets  you do weight management
like  Declude's  before  returning  an  aggregate  SPAMC32 weight. . .
albeit  at  a  management  cost  vs.  doing as much as possible within
Declude.

I'd see bitmasking in the far future, though I can't see putting aside
time for it right now.

Thanks,

Sandy

Sanford Whiteman, Chief Technologist
Broadleaf Systems, a division of
Cypress Integrated Systems, Inc.
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

SpamAssassin plugs into Declude!
  http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/SPAMC32/download/release/

Defuse Dictionary Attacks: Turn Exchange or IMail mailboxes into IMail Aliases!

http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/exchange2aliases/download/release/

http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/ldap2aliases/download/release/