>>All of my servers are 2003, but I have had seen some small stability
>>issues >>with 2003 where I didn't with fully patched 2000.  Also, I'm see
>>10-20% >>higher average CPU on 2003 with all other software the same.

I agree that I have also seen a CPU jump with 2003 - but I suspect its
partly attributed to things like DEP etc.

>>I'm also seeing issues with IMail and Declude on 2003 that I did not see
>>at all >>on 2000.

This I have not ran into yet myself.

>>I agree that it's more secure by default (though I had locked 2000 down
>>just >>as tightly), and that 2003 should be the choice over 2000, but
>>there's no >>question in my mind that it is more bloated and not as
>>stable.

While 2003 is a great jump out of the box - there is something to be said
about a previous platform (i.e. 2000 sp4) knowing that it is tried and true.
I would think you would get a bit more stabability out of it than 2003 out
of the gate simply because it has been around longer.  However, the big
factor that pushes me is that I know in the long run 2003 is more secure
even if I have to adjust to the growing pains of 2003.  However, I do have
to say I have not had any issues with 2003 (standalone).  We have had a few
2003 issues with in an AD environment.

Darrell