David,

I agree.

But I do think the whitelisting needs to be changed.  I think you should add
a WhitelistUnique tag.

EG:

WhitelistUnique         TO:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The way the tag would function is that the email would only be treated as
whitelisted if [EMAIL PROTECTED] was the only address in the "TO" field and if
the
carbon copy field is also blank.  This insures that spammers can't stack
multiple email addresses in the "TO" or "CC" fields, one address of which is
whitelisted, thus forcing the email to pass through Declude to ALL
RECIPIENTS rather than just to the whitelisted recipient.

Besides the listserver problem I described, I can see some places wanting to
whitelist email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Spammers who have
figured out this gaping hole in Declude could easily force all email to a
site to be whitelisted by simply sending email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and tagging
a dozen other addresses onto the "TO" field.  Not good.

Is my suggestion something that you can implement?