From: Mark Howard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Multiple recipients of list delphi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Friday, November 17, 2000 05:24
Subject: [DUG]: Can't make secondary index on Paradox table

Hi

I have a problem at one site.

They had a problem with one table in their database.
We have deleted the index files
Using the DBD we have reset the primary index comprised an integer, alpha
and autoincrement field.  The .PX file was created.
We have defined a secondary index made up of only the Autoincrement field,
given it a name and saved the table.
the DBD reported no errors.
However when we look at the structure again, no secondary index appears.
And no additional files have been created.

I can go through these steps on my system and it works OK.

This matter is quite urgent and I would appreciate any help in tracking down
the cause and finding a solution.

TIA

Mark