Mark

> Given that the secondary index is no longer there, I guess that
> merely rebuilding is never going to bring it back - so I HAVE
> to find a way of re-creating it.

how about creating an empty table on your system (where you CAN
create the secondary index) and sending all of the associated
files (PX if you have it, YG0, XG0 etc) to the target box.

Then copy the data from the broken table into the new empty one.

You might have to undo some relational integrity rules if
you have any that involve the problem table - but otherwise
this should get you out of the woods.

(It would still be nice to eventually figure out what the
hell is happening though)

hope this helps

-ns