> OK - but can we not just set the Paradox version in the
> BDEAdmin/Drivers/Paradox?

setting "LEVEL" in the BDE settings for the PAradox driver
does control the Paradox version - but only for temporary
tables (created during queries for example).   The paradox
version of existing tables is an intrinsic property of the
table (structure of the headers and all that) and can't
be changed by just tweaking the driver settings - you
actually have to reorganise the table.

In the DBD when you create a new table from scratch it
will ask you what Paradox level you want.   (It may
default to the BDE driver setting - I'm not sure).

-ns