> Using the DBD we have reset the primary index comprised an integer,
> alpha and autoincrement field.  The .PX file was created.
> We have defined a secondary index made up of only the Autoincrement
> field, given it a name and saved the table.
> the DBD reported no errors.
> However when we look at the structure again, no secondary index
> appears.
> And no additional files have been created.
>
> I can go through these steps on my system and it works OK.

I tried doing this with my DBD  (BDE 5.1.0.4 DLLs) for Paradox
4,5, and 7 tables.

for ver 4 tables it prompted me to convert the table to ver 5
and created only XG0 and YG0 files  (NOT a PX file)

for ver 5 tables it created a PX file and XG0 and YG0 files.

for ver 7 tables it created only XG0 and YG0 files.

The fact that 4 "converts" to 5, but doesn't create a PX file
even though a version 5 table create does seems odd to
me - but appeared to work.

In all cases both index definitions seem to persist after
making the change.

Just passing this stuff on and hoping something hits the
target.

-ns