Well, after saying that, I *do* prefer white over some shades of gray.

No terrible cultural reference intended.

From my perspective, I'd like to offer at least two colors (maybe
neutral and blue?), if not more.

Robert, I suppose I'm not certain about your style guide. Is that
*just* a guide for the web? E.g. would it be a bad idea to use a
monochrome logo on top of a selection of colors better suited to
humans that to websites?