Am Mittwoch, 14. Dezember 2005 18:00 schrieb Mike Shaver:

Hi,

> Consider this an open invitation for someone to come forward with a
> proposal, plan, and patch for the Unix printing experience on Firefox.

I think with the project Portland/RUDI we will be able to offer you a path
which does not require too much work on your side. Basically it will leave
the pain to get the UI right to the Linux Desktop environments and you must
implement the right interface.

This boils down to Mozilla/Firefox being able to parse some information from
the printing system like page size, borders etc and then provide the ps
dokument to the printing system.

IMHO the only information you need to be aware of is those which are required
to produce the ps document. All other stuff like punching or which tray to
use is totally up to the printing system of the desktop and you need not to
be bothered with this.

Regards,
-- martin

--