But how different would it be for the end user to accept a single pop-up for an
EU trust list (based on IP address) from the multiple EU cookie pop-ups that
web sites present?

-----Original Message-----
From: dev-security-policy
[mailto:dev-security-policy-bounces+ben=digicert....@lists.mozilla.org] On
Behalf Of Gervase Markham
Sent: Tuesday, July 7, 2015 6:13 AM
To: mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org
Subject: Re: Letter from US House of Representatives

On 06/07/15 17:44, Ben Wilson wrote:
> Thanks.  I realize/think that this would require a separate root
> program.  If you think of it as a Venn diagram there would be Set A
> and Set B.  The user would then select A, B, A U B or A ∩ B.

The trouble with this is that, while it makes sense to you or I, Mozilla is not
keen to ask users to make decisions where they have no meaningful understanding
or basis on which to make that decision. I cannot imagine a UI for "select the
lists of CAs you trust" which would enable a user to make a meaningful
decision, or realise when something breaks that it was a consequence of their
previous decision.

This is why we have a root program, rather than a startup wizard with
100 CA checkboxes to review :-)

Gerv