On 21/06/16 15:55, Ben Wilson wrote:
Rob,

Ben, thanks for passing on the details.  My analysis is below...

So far they are -

https://crt.sh/?sha1=e12ba5aeb7613a72cc9652f1673017a5d8fc7479
  - technically constrained  warning

https://crt.sh/?sha1=8c6c7a20b48ef3bcb0fcb203008773846611486a
  - technically constrained  warning

https://crt.sh/?sha1=69bdbd7760f0fc58021c290c39243351914dadc5
  - technically constrained  warning

https://crt.sh/?sha1=107cce8b25af9b6cfabada125967aed4ef5bafe2
  - technically constrained  warning

Section 9 of the Inclusion Policy [1] says:
  "For a certificate to be considered technically constrained
   The subordinate CA certificate MUST also include within
   excludedSubtrees an iPAddress GeneralName of 32 zero octets
   (covering the IPv6 address range of ::0/0)."

These four intermediate certs only exclude the IPv4 address space, so I would say that they don't qualify as "technically constrained". Therefore, they need to be disclosed to Salesforce.

Kathleen, if you agree that Salesforce should not be showing the "technically constrained warning" for these four intermediates, please could you ask your Salesforce consultant to fix it?

https://crt.sh/?sha1=d92b8d4859538692e435ad78dd876b03601eae96
  - PEM too long

https://crt.sh/?sha1=3948a71e4b39768a016fa3b13175e41197f8bf28
  - PEM too long

Kathleen, what's the size limit?  Can it be increased?

And then the ones that aren't trusted, or shouldn't be trusted, were all of
the KBC Group CAs, because certificate that issued those (SHA-1 Fingerprint
CF:AA:D9:D6:31:4D:33:9F:A6:07:72:EB:61:FA:B5:F8:FD:DC:56:10; SHA-256
Fingerprint
AE:F2:6B:BB:CB:B7:07:06:76:2C:8B:E9:30:C4:1F:91:3D:D0:E2:34:0A:78:9E:8B:33:F
1:27:FB:6D:27:92:F0) was revoked on 1 July 2015.  (I don't know why NSS
can't just use the CRLs that CAs issue.)  I hadn't entered it previously
into SalesForce or in OneCRL because the  revocation had  happened so long
ago, but yesterday I went and did  that.

Revocation of a "parent intermediate" does not exempt "child intermediates" from the disclosure requirement, AFAICT. So I think the KBC Group CAs do need to be disclosed to Salesforce.

[1] https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/governance/policies/security-group/certs/policy/inclusion/

--
Rob Stradling
Senior Research & Development Scientist