On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 02:25:37PM -0700, Peter Bowen wrote:
> I think there are two things getting conflated here:
>
> 1) Disclosure of revoked unexpired CA certificates signed by a trusted CA
>
> 2) Disclosure of CA certificates signed by CAs that are the subject of #1
>
> Imagine the following heirarchy:
>
> Univercert Root CA (in trust store)  --(CA Cert A)--> Aperture Science
> Corporate Root --(CA Cert B)--> Aperture Science Server CA --(End
> Entity Cert)--> www.aperature.xa
>
> If CA Cert A is revoked, it goes in OneCRL.  What about CA Cert B?
> Does it need to be disclosed?

It's unclear to me what your example is, so I think what you meant
to say is that there are 4 certs in your case, each signing the
next one:
- Univercert Root CA (in trust store)
- Aperture Science (CA Cert A)
- Aperture Science Server CA (CA Cert B)
- www.aperature.xa (End Entity Cert)

Before CA Cert A is revoked, CA Cert B needed to be disclosed. I
have no idea what the requirements currently list, but since there
no longer is a trust path from a root in trust store to CA Cert B
and it seems to me that we don't care that it's disclosed or not.

Kurt