Message Body (2 of 2)
[... continued ..]

Dear Wayne

Furthermore, it is unfortunate that Mozilla have chosen to reference
categorically misleading articles (and which continue to be recycled on
slow-news days, on an annual basis since 2016) to support the allegation of
“credible evidence”, without sharing the verifiable facts upon which Mozilla
have come to this conclusion.  While we do not wish to prejudice our ongoing
efforts to vigorously address defamatory statements through the appropriate
legal channels, in the spirit of the transparency, we will touch on each of the
referenced articles below:

•The Reuters and the 2016 Intercept article have been cited as “credible
evidence”.  They discuss allegations, events, and people that pre-date
DarkMatter’s existence, and where DarkMatter is referenced it is by way of
anecdotal references to false, defamatory, and unsubstantiated statements by
parties who are either anonymous or peddling a hidden agenda of their own with
respect to the United Arab Emirates.

•Our purpose and vision are very clear, and it is publicly communicated:
DarkMatter exists to enable business and governments to become smart, safe and
cyber-resilient.  We simply cannot comment on the allegations in the Reuters
and the Intercept reports as they are about activities that we do not do, nor
can we comment on facts that we are not knowledgeable about, the practices of
government entities, individuals and other companies mentioned in these
articles who are not associated with us.

•Mozilla have further cited a categorically false and blatantly defamatory
posting by one Simone Margaritelli as a “credible reference.”[2] Again we
remind you of the commitment by the Mozilla foundation for decision making
using “verifiable facts”.

•Since we are alleged to have interviewed said individual and provided a job
offer, it almost beggars belief that to-date no one has provided any evidence
of such communications or participation in interviews by DarkMatter with such
individual (whether abroad or in the United Arab Emirates).  Such evidence does
not exist – because (1) DarkMatter has never extended an offer in any capacity
to such individual; (2) the persons mentioned as having granted an interview to
such individual have never been employed by DarkMatter; (3) DarkMatter does not
have an office in the claimed interview location.  These are clear examples of
categorical falsehoods – and are not “verifiable facts” upon which Mozilla can
support its pre-judgment of DarkMatter.

We are of the view that a fair-minded and objective observer would reasonably
conclude that the public pre-judgment by Mozilla employees inclusion of the
above noted allegations, especially the innuendo of the “MitM Certificates” is
fatal to the idea of “due process” and “fundamental fairness” being accorded to
any CA applicant to the Mozilla Root Store.

In conclusion, we wish to reiterate our continued commitment to a transparent
and auditable trust business. We will continue to operate our CA business in
strict adherence and compliance with both the letter and spirit of relevant
national laws without exception. We look forward to meeting with you, and to
other CABForum members, at the CABF F2F in Cupertino, and further answer any
questions that you may have with regard to this matter.

Yours sincerely,

Benjamin Gabriel
General Counsel
DarkMatter Group

Benjamin Gabriel | General Counsel & SVP Legal
Tel: +971 2 417 1417 | Mob: +971 55 260 7410
benjamin.gabr...@darkmatter.ae

The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the
person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.

            • Re:... Matt Palmer via dev-security-policy
            • Re:... Matthew Hardeman via dev-security-policy
            • RE:... Benjamin Gabriel via dev-security-policy
            • Re:... Cynthia Revström via dev-security-policy
            • Re:... Rob Stradling via dev-security-policy
            • Re:... Peter Bowen via dev-security-policy
            • Re:... astronut--- via dev-security-policy
            • Re:... Matt Palmer via dev-security-policy
            • Re:... Matthew Hardeman via dev-security-policy
            • Re:... Matt Palmer via dev-security-policy
            • RE:... Benjamin Gabriel via dev-security-policy
            • Re:... Jakob Bohm via dev-security-policy
            • Re:... lmelinte--- via dev-security-policy
            • Re:... Matthew Hardeman via dev-security-policy
            • Re:... Matthew Hardeman via dev-security-policy
            • Re:... Ryan Sleevi via dev-security-policy
            • Re:... Matthew Hardeman via dev-security-policy
            • Re:... Ryan Sleevi via dev-security-policy
            • Re:... nadim--- via dev-security-policy
            • Re:... Jonathan Rudenberg via dev-security-policy
  • Re: DarkMatter Concerns andrewtipton.finearts--- via dev-security-policy