On 07/03/2019 05:14, Benjamin Gabriel via dev-security-policy wrote:
> Part 1 of 2:
>
> Dear Ryan,
>
> A fair and transparent public discussion requires full disclosure of each
> participant's motivations and ultimate agenda.  Whether in CABForum, or
> Mozilla-dev-security-policy, I represent the viewpoints of my employer
> DarkMatter and passionately believe in our unflagging efforts to provide the
> citizens, residents and visitors to the United Arab Emirates with the same
> internet security and privacy protections that are taken for granted in other
> parts of the world.
>
> On Wednesday, March 6, 2019 7:51 PM, Ryan Sleevi wrote:
>>   (Writing in a personal capacity)
>
> Until such time as we have been formally advised by your employer (Google),
> that you no longer represent their views in CABForum, or in this
> Mozilla-dev-security-policy forum, we will proceed on the basis that all of
> your statements are the official viewpoint of your employer (Google).
<snip>

[Writing in a personal capacity!]

I'd like to remind everyone about the Policy Participants [1] wiki page,
which is "an optional list of the names, affiliations (if speaking for a
company) and backgrounds of participants in the
mozilla.dev.security.policy group".

Since 8th September 2016, this page has included the following text:
"Ryan Sleevi
Peer of the CA Certificates Module; Works for Google; PKI policy for
Chrome/ChromeOS; Posting in a personal capacity, with posts not
necessarily representing the views of Google or the Mozilla CA
Certificate Module, except where otherwise noted."

So Ryan didn't actually need to write "(Writing in a personal
capacity)", because it would have been implied if he'd omitted it.

I'd also like to remind everyone about the Mozilla Forum Etiquette [2]
Ground Rules, especially "Be civil" and "Be kind to newcomers".

[1] https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA/Policy_Participants

[2] https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/forums/etiquette/

--
Rob Stradling