Last I checked there definitively were some code signing certificates basically issued under the terms of "If the credit card check comes back OK, issue it". It's a little while ago thought.

But really. It's *hard* to do better than that, better than "Send us by fax our doctored ID so that we check if you pass the bar of having minimal photoshop skills".

No CA has been admitted to NSS during the last 2+ years based on such a policy and have the code signing bit turned on. Your assumption above is wrong, but if you have any knowledge please share it with us :-)

--
Regards

Signer:  Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd.
XMPP:    start...@startcom.org