Hi all,

We are actively working on opt-in activation for plugins, and have updated the
feature page listed here with our
thinking: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Opt-in_activation_for_plugins

This feature is intended to help with drive-by security issues and general
stability and resource consumption issues,
but cannot by itself mitigate all plugin security risks. As you can see there
are a number of open questions there,
especially in terms of desirable behavior in each of the use cases. I'd like to
discuss the pros and cons of each option
here, and then I'll update the feature page to reflect our discussions. Thanks!
Lucas.

--
“You must do the thing you think you cannot do” - Eleanor Roosevelt