> On Mar 27, 2015, at 2:42 PM, David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
> wrote:
>
> I therefore see the opportunity to integrate the hornetQ broker as an
> incredible opportunity for the activemq community and totally don't
> understand why all the pre-existing committers aren't contributing twice as
> much as the new ones to the integration.  (unfortunately I don't have time or
> I would be working on jca integration and osgi-ification)  If they were, I
> think everyone would think there was one community, not two.

Yes, the HornetQ committers are working hard to make HornetQ the next ActiveMQ,
 the AMQ committers aren't doing the same (yet). You’re right, if everyone just
followed the demands that they go down the path chosen by only one side then it
would be one community.  Again, that’s not how you build community. Propose a
path with solid justification and sell that in the community. Forcing a path
only fragments the community as we’re seeing now. That’s why you don’t see the
AMQ side working twice as hard as the HornetQ side. I fully understand that
part.