+1!

I forgot whether I shared this before, but I wrote a probot for Apache
Superset that does a few nice things, and we can grow over time to do more
things without having to beg Apache Infra for anything (currently only them
have admin rights and can register apps on our repos)
https://github.com/apache-superset/superset-github-bot

This bot, for now [as documented on the README]:
- enables non-committer to label/unlabel PRs and Issues using comments
(allowing PMs and other non-committer to label things)
- auto-labels all PRs and issues with a [whitelisted] organization (adds an
"airbnb" or "lyft" label to the PR)
- enables forwarding events to other webhooks

Eventually I'd like for it to also auto-label based on files/folder that
are touched in a PR: for instance "db-migration" or "scheduler" or
"webserver" would be nice.

We could rename the bot to be an "Apache Github Bot" and keep it
generalized (it reads a yaml config file from the project's repo, so each
feature of the bot can be configured on a per-project basis). We could
build a collection of things that other Apache projects are likely to want.
We may even be able to automate some Apache email-driven processes using
Github issues instead, for instance a committer vote process or release
process vote could be automated by the bot: it would send emails, ask
people to use reactions (thumbs up/down) and close the vote / send the
RESULTS email templates to the list. It could also look for ASF headers in
files (replacing the Apache-RAT).

It could make for a great ApacheCon talk eventually as we add functionality.

This is a pet project of mine for now, but I'd love to make room for people
to jump in and contribute to it.

Max