On Wed, Jan 1, 2020 at 11:47 PM Jarek Potiuk <jarek.pot...@polidea.com>
wrote:

> One thing I realized after using the 4 Probot Integrations is that some of
>> the Probot apps are not actively maintained and might even be broken.

Yeah. Even if limited my search to only the "featured ones" seems like not
all of them are good.
Luckily it's easy to enable/disable them when needed.

However I think maybe the right approach is "try before buy".
I will try some of them on our internal fork where we work and then once I
get
some hands-on we can decide if it makes sense to use them or not. It's a
bit of a hassle that
we have to open an issue to infra to get those added/removed so It's easier
to try them on our repo.
I already added the "pull" one to synchronize our fork (pretty useful but
spammy).

- https://probot.github.io/apps/welcome/ : This one has this
>> <https://github.com/behaviorbot/welcome/issues/12> particular issue open
>> that might not make the experience pleasant for contributors.
>>
> OK. That's no go :).

> - https://github.com/mithro/autolabeler: Need to test if it is working as
>> it looks a bit outdated (and not actively maintained - no replies on
>> issues

I will try. But I'd love to get those features in Max's probot instead in
this case (I know it was on his list).

> - https://probot.github.io/apps/pr-triage/ : Might be good to have but
>> this
>> issue <https://github.com/pr-triage/app/issues/181> might bite us too.
>> Not
>> a major problem but just something to note.

Right. I think we might soon get down to a manageable number of issues as
the stalebot does it's job finally.
So maybe we won't need that one.

> - https://probot.github.io/apps/tests-checker/ : I liked this one

I like it too but I will try it :). I am afraid it might be a bit offensive
at times though.

> - https://probot.github.io/apps/reminders/ : Again might be outdated but
>> would need some testing to see if it actually works.

It's just a nuance - not high priority at all.

> - https://github.com/z0al/dep : I liked this one too but it currently only
>> matches on "#PR_NUMBER". Open Issue <
>> https://github.com/z0al/dep/issues/18> so
>> would want to hear opinions from others.

I really love that one. It very well reflects the pattern we have for some
complex changes. which require multiple commits.
And it's very good for it to depend on #PR number. It's super easy when you
type "Depends on #<START_TYPING_HERE>" -
you can start typing JIRA_ID or part of description and it will auto-show
the list of matching PRs. We do not have multiple repos
so the issue https://github.com/z0al/dep/issues/18 is not really relevant
in our case.

And if we have it working we will not need to add this funny "Depends on
[AIRFLOW-NNNN]". We will see immediately when PR is not mergeable
because it depends on other PRs without these extra descriptions.

>> @Max - I like your idea and maybe long term it might make more sense.
>> Happy
>> to help in the effort so that we can make it more *general*.

Max - happy to contribute to the SuperSet probot as well. It would be great
to do cross-project work on it :). Synergies.