Thanks Howard!
Sorry for the delay, this was a long read. The PDF alone is 19 pages  :)
looks very good!

 I have 6 questions/points to raise:

1. I'm not clear about what is to happen with StatsD .
It states "Make OpenTelemetry and StatsD optional and interchangeable."
But do we want to support both in the long run?
It doesn't specify if we are deprecating statsD along with completion of
this AIP.

2. regarding adding metrics.
Do we intend to let users define their own KPIs/metrics to be measured or
it will be a closed list set by Airflow?

3. The POC specifies it uses a feature of open-telemetry (add metrics)
which was not yet released. Do we know the timeline for the feature to be
released?
Can we vote on a plan to use something which is not yet publicly available?

4. Are the Grafana dashboards / other dashboards to be part of the Airflow
core code base?
I wonder if this should be in a dedicated repo?

5. Could you please clarify in the AIP page what changes are required to
the Airflow code base?
Some of them appear in the PDF but I'm not sure if that is all of them?

6. The PDF has several open questions/ideas.
I think it would be best to add to the AIP a scope paragraph listing what
will be included in the first phase and what is left for other phases.