Unfortunately chat rooms cannot be made public/private after creation. See
https://github.com/gitterHQ/gitter/issues/676

I have created #airflow and #airflow-dev on freenode.net (IRC). I have requested
logging with botbot.me (https://botbot.me), although that may take a while to
come
through. Links to the logs will updated once available.

If you are behind a corporate firewall or don’t have an irc client you can try
this:

Dev:
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#airflow-dev

Users: