Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:

> This was one design decision we had to make when Base was created in the
> current form. Finally, the decision for SDI was because of technical
> constraints, since OOo doesn't have an infrastructure for MDI.

Chosing SDI in favor of MDI was not because we didn't have an
infrastructure for MDI (we could have created one, we already had two
different ones in the past ;-)), it was done by intent. SDI enables
better integration into the Desktop and into other applications. I don't
want to argue here whether this decision was a good one or not, I just
want to prevent the impression we would have done something because we
were not able to do differently.

Regards,

Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".