Am 16.02.2011 16:48, schrieb Guenter Knauf:
proposal:
change all *.sh, *.m4, buildconf* and configure* scripts to
'svn:eol-style LF'
result:
a svn checkout will allways treat these files with LF format regardless
of what svn thinks is native for the platform, and this seems correct to
me.

side effect:
the _only_ side effect would be that it is then _required_ on windows to
use a developer editor which supports LF formated files for editing
autoconf files; but I cant imagine that anyone developing on windows
platform uses an editor which is not aware of LF formatted files. For
_all_ other platforms there would be no change since they anyway default
to 'svn:eol-style LF'.

another observation on this topic:
http://www.apache.org/dev/svn-eol-style.txt
this config file suggests that we should treat *.ds? files as CRLF, and this is pretty much same as what I suggested for the autoconf files ... though at least APR/APU doesnt follow this recommendation, and *.ds? files are 'svn:eol-style native' in svn repo. Although I **dont** want to suggest now here that we chance that - *if* the *.ds? files were 'svn:eol-style CRLF' in svn then our daily snapshots would work for Windows MSVC users too.

Gün.