On 2/16/2011 4:54 PM, Guenter Knauf wrote:

> Ok, I stop now nerving you since you're anyway not willing to give me a
> technical
> background for your opinion ...

I did...

Guenter: .sh and .m4 should be retrieved LF formatted

Bill: Text (.sh .m4 etc) are text.

Guenter: No, .sh .m4 etc are binary.

Bill: /boggles

Text is text, scripts are text, mixed conventions make .diff's nearly
unparsable,
all of which are technical rationals.

Might I suggest, since you are working with an MSYS toolchain, that you first
investigate why MSYS .sh does not parse text on windows, and yet the svn
implementation for MSYS implementation does not export/check out in the same
unix convention?  This is most certainly at odds.