Bill,
Am 17.02.2011 00:11, schrieb William A. Rowe Jr.:
Text is text, scripts are text, mixed conventions make .diff's nearly
unparsable,
all of which are technical rationals.
ok, thanks.

Might I suggest, since you are working with an MSYS toolchain, that youfirst
investigate why MSYS .sh does not parse text on windows, and yet the svn
no idea, probably this is intended behavior since most projects only provide LF-style tarballs??
implementation for MSYS implementation does not export/check out in thesame
unix convention?  This is most certainly at odds.
unfortunately I dont have a MSYS implementation of svn, and here the cat starts biting into its tail:
1 - up to now MSYS/MinGW support for APR/APU is incomplete/not fully working
2 - svn depends on APR/APU
3 - hard to build an MSYS/MinGW svn because of 1

beside that even if all would work fine I dont know (yet) if subversion can be configured to use LF as native on windows platform, and without that most likely you end up with a CRLF version since MinGW is targeted to build native windows binaries just like the MSVC toolchain ...

anyway, I'm aware that the prob mainly exists because there's no svn binary yet available for MSYS/MinGW (at least I'm not aware of any).

Also see that I personally have no prob with this - I have a Linux box as well as Cygwin which both do the 'right' (LF) checkout for MSYS ... (and of course I've also dos2unix/unix2dos binaries).

I have now also posted to the subversion list if they are willing to support override of eol style with checkout too (as possible with export), and so far got one interesting reply about how git handles it:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/subversion-dev/201102.mbox/%3C20110216155244.GB3228@kytes%3E

Gün.