Thanks Ahmet for bringing this subject.

+1 to close the stale PRs automatically after a fixed time of inactivity.  90
days is ok, but maybe a shorter period is better. If we consider that being
stale is just not having any activity i.e., the author of the PR does not answer
any message. The author can buy extra time just by adding a message to say,
'wait I am still working on this', and win a complete period of time, so the
longer the staleness period is the longer it can eventually be extended.

I agree with Thomas the JIRAs should still stay open but should become
unassigned because the issue won't be yet fixed but we want to encourage people
to work on it.

Other additional subject that makes sense to discuss here is if we need policies
to avoid 'stale' JIRAs (JIRAs that have been taken but that don't have
progress)?, for example:

- Prevent contributors/committers from taking more than 'n' JIRAs at the same
  time (we should define this n considering the period of staleness, maybe 10?).

- Automatically free 'stale' JIRAs after a fixed time period with no active work

Remember the objective is to encourage more people to contribute but people
won't be encouraged to contribute on subjects that other people have taken, this
is a well known anti-pattern in volunteer communities, see
http://communitymgt.wikia.com/wiki/Cookie_Licking