bq. IRAs should still stay open but should become unassigned

The above would need admin privilege, right ?
Is there automated way to do it ?

bq. Prevent contributors/committers from taking more than 'n' JIRAs at the
same time

It would be hard to determine the N above since the amount of coding /
testing varies greatly across JIRAs.