I have not spoken up because others have expressed my thoughts. Namely:

1. While there are problems with Search/Sarg it is a net benefit. Removing it
at this point would be disruptive.

2. Everyone except Vladimir opposes committing Vladimir’s PR to revert the
change.

3. It would be helpful if Vladimir logs JIRA cases for the outstanding issues
with Search/Sarg.

Let’s not get tied up in legal semantics about whether a change that reverts
another change is itself a change and therefore be vetoed. We’d be setting
ourselves up for a commit/revert war. Instead, let’s try and reach consensus
about how to make 1.27 as good as possible.

It’s not a perfect solution, but people who do not want Search have the option
to stay on release 1.25. Let’s log bugs so that they can make an informed
decision.

Julian