I've reverted SEARCH. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Here's the PR that re-adds SEARCH:
https://github.com/apache/calcite/pull/2263
Please feel free to pick it up. I expect certain commits should be squashed
(e.g. search should be re-added as a single commit).

I'm not sure I would have time to make it happen.

Frankly speaking, I would suggest we should make SEARCH operator never
return null.
In other words, SEARCH(X, [Y, Z]) should be the same as "(X is not distinct
from Y) or (X is not distinct from Z)".
The old semantics was like SEARCH(null, [42]) => unknown, SEARCH(null,
[null, 42]) => false which results in wrong results in simplification.

"Expand search" might want to receive unknownAs parameter.

Vladimir