On 08/15/2016 01:12 PM, Chris Mattmann wrote:
> How is it harder to point someone to mail?

Mailing lists can be simple to join and converse. Like some other folks,
I'm on a large number of lists and get massive amounts of mail.
Extremely busy mailing lists need user-level care for them to be
functional for the flow of conversation and proper thread archiving.

> Have you seen lists.apache.org?
>
> Specifically:
> https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@cassandra.apache.org

Since signal vs noise is part of the conversation here, I just wish to
point out my observation that this particular thread has some pretty
severe readability issues, and this thread is tiny in comparison to the
multi-100's of messages on some list threads. Here's this thread in the
archive:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/a6e6c9303779cb095ab14c3b4d66436a3771f076e8dbd9970eca46fe@%3Cdev.cassandra.apache.org%3E

Chris, it appears that your mail client, Microsoft-MacOutlook, does some
very odd indentation/munging on reply text, so Pony Mail cannot properly
collapse the text you are replying to. This also propagates to some of
the other user's replies to your messages. The result is a thread
archive that contains a large amount of "wall of text" appearance,
making it difficult to pick out and follow the actual conversation
taking place. Please, fix your mail client.

--
Kind regards,
Michael