Upayavira wrote:

Antonio Gallardo wrote:

Reinhard Poetz dijo:

Am 14:01 10.02.2004 -0500 schrieb Steve Krulewitz:

Does anyone know what happened to the jisp website? The old URL
http://www.coyotegulch.com/jisp/index.html sends you to an

invalid link.

It's back up now: http://www.coyotegulch.com/jisp/
I never went there before it went down, but it now has a
version 3.0.0. That version isn't under the old license
anymore but GPLed (or commercial
for 2500$).
Old versions I can't find there..

gunnar

ps: sorry if you get this mail twice, steve. small mistake by me.

--
G. Brand - interface:projects GmbH

As our store depends on Jisp - what does this mean for us? IMO we have
to look for a replacement. Any ideas/hints?

AFAIK, we must move away from jisp. That was an ugly move! :-(

Maybe this is a crazy idea but: Is posible to replace jisp with Apache
Xindice? Mainly because I have concerns for another ugly move (as jisp
did) if we choose a solution from a 3rd party again. If we use Apache
Xindice I think this cannot happen again.

Could do. How efficient is XIndice? It would need to be pretty efficient on binary data too, as that is our primary use case.

With the new embedded mode driver for XIndice, it wouldn't be that hard to implement, so long as it is efficient enough.

I personally think it's a very bad idea. XIndice is not designed for these things. Carsten's suggestion seems *a lot* better!

--
Stefano.